One of the most important places that need to be squeaky clean is our home. This is primarily because it is where our family spends most of their time in. It needs to be cleaned regularly to prevent health problems related to uncleanliness.
How to Eradicate Toxins at Home
- Have a carbon monoxide detector installed in your home. Carbon monoxide is actually deadly to humans. It is odorless and colorless thereby making it necessary for you to install a detector.
- Clean your air conditioner’s filter from time to time. Filters are actually a good media for mold growth which can go airborne; thus, causing health problems.
- Limit the use of products with volatile organic compounds (VOC) in your home. VOC can actually cause health problems including respiratory problems and nervous system damage. These compounds can be found in new furniture and paint. This is primarily the reason why you need to choose paints and products that are VOC-free.
- It is highly recommended that you use organic cleaning products and detergents. You can look for these products in stores or online.
- Don’t use pesticides to spray in your home. It can actually be poisonous.
- Grow plants at home. It helps in purifying the air that you breathe in at home. It also gives a fresh, natural scent.
- Promote good ventilation in your home by opening the windows and letting fresh air come in and out.
- Your water system can also contain toxins and other bacteria. It is advisable that you use filter or pitcher filter to get rid of impurities in the water.
- Buy and eat organic foods to promote wellness. It is important to note that fruits and vegetables that are sprayed with pesticides are harmful to the health. Even if you wash them with water, it will only kill and eliminate toxins on the surface. Pesticides usually penetrate the skins of fruits and vegetables.