- All kinds of toxins in our everyday products
- Green Cleaning Tips for Mold
- Eco-friendly cleaning techniques for everyone
- Benefits of Green Cleaning
- The Government and Industries: The Story That Everyone Should Know
- Organic Cleaning Products for Healthy Living
- On Cleaning Companies and Safe Cleaning Products
- The HVAC System Leakage: A Discussion
- Living Healthy: Removing Toxins at Home
- Managing and Preventing the Dangers of Mold Growth
- Sick Building Syndrome: Caution to Workers
- 13 Great Tips About Natural Alternative
- The Things That Make Your Home Toxic
- Last 24 hours: 95
- Last 7 days: 271
- Last 30 days: 1,543
- Online now: 1
Mold can grow in a number of places around a household, however it is most prolific in the middle of really hot, humid summer days and nights. Although in most cases dehumidifiers can help alleviate the problem, there are other ways and natural materials capable of stopping the growth. You can use the natural ways instead of bleach with about the same rate of success as you would otherwise. There are a good number of those ways, but we will focus on three of them as they are some of the easiest to implement.
The three ways we are talking about include tea tree oil, white vinegar and grapefruit seed extract. There are of course some upsides and downsides of using them, however they are efficient, easy to use and completely safe. Of all three vinegar is naturally the cheapest option, followed by the other two. Tea tree oil acts as an excellent and very effective fungicide capable of killing all mold spores upon contact, however it has a strong smell and a higher price. The same goes for grapefruit extract, minus the fact that it has no discernible strong smell.
The one thing you can be certain about is the fact that mold can be quite dangerous to your health, especially if you happen to be suffering from allergies. You should do your best to keep things contained by addressing the issue as soon as you can. In most cases mold infestations can cause depression as well as fatigue. Make sure you dry out wet spots and fix all leaks in your roofs and plumbing. Staying vigilant is a very important step in mold prevention. Here are our three recipes:
• Tea Tree Oil
A spray made of tea tree oil will absolutely obliterate mildew and mold in its path. You can use it on leaking roofs, moldy ceilings or furniture as well as many other places. Keep in mind that tea tree oil is expensive, but you can use a little of it for a lot of space due to its strength. You should also know that the strong scent of the oil will dissipate within a few short days. Use the following ingredients: two teaspoons of the oil mixed in two cups worth of water. Place the mix in a spray bottle and shake it around so it will blend, then spray it on the spot and don’t rinse it.
• Grapefruit Seed Extract
Much like tea tree oil, grapefruit seed extract works the same way except it has no strong scent to linger around. You can combine about twenty drops of the extract in two cups of water, placing it in a spray bottle and spraying it on without rinsing it. The end results will be the same as they would be with tea tree oil, so expect the best out of it.
• Distilled White Vinegar
Vinegar is capable of killing up to 82% of most common mold varieties, so it can be used with great effectiveness while being cheap at the same time. Pour some of the vinegar in a spray bottle and spray over the area, leaving it to set without rinsing. The smell will disappear in a few short hours, leaving you to wipe the area off. Remember to use distilled white vinegar to avoid possible staining of the surfaces in question.
If you need more cleaning tips you can contact: Bayswater professional cleaners
House cleaning can be boring, can take lots of time and can be expensive, although it usually is much cheaper to do it yourself than to hire professionals. Not only this, but the fact is that many of the cleaning detergents that you use seem to contain poisonous ingredients. However, there are solutions. You can purchase eco-friendly cleaning agents, produced by natural materials only. Still, they also can cost lots of money. But there is a solution to this as well. You can make the cleaning agents that you use. They are not less effective than most of the conventional cleaners and usually they cost less. Furthermore, you do not need chemistry of physics knowledge to make them. Just mixing ingredients will do.
In this article we will give you simple tips for how to produce homemade detergents that will harm neither the nature nor you. All of them involve ingredients, which the ordinary household already posses. They are degradable, which means that they will not hurt the environment.
All of the recipes involve maybe an unexpected ingredient – vinegar. It really is of great help when it comes to green cleaning.
You can easily clean your windows without a cleaning agent from the supermarket by just mixing equal portions of water and vinegar and filling the substance into a spray bottle.
The litter bin and the area surrounding it usually get smelly over time, even if you take care to throw you litter regularly. If you want to get rid of the smell just use half a cup of vinegar and the same amount of washing soda, dissolved into a small amount of water. Brush the area and the inside of your trash bin and leave it like this for about 5 minutes. It takes some time for the substance to take effect. Then wash the bin with water.
When we cook usually we leave greasy spots on the oven and on the dishes and if they are not washed immediately they are very hard to remove later. Here vinegar can also be of help. It literally dissolves the grease. First pour distilled white vinegar on the greasy areas and leave it like this until it dissolves the stain. Then wash with water.
Vinegar is also very effective for cleaning all sorts of stained or tarnished metal surfaces. For the tarnish removal use vinegar and small amount of salt. Clean metal surfaces with tartar sauce and vinegar, by rubbing them. When you cover the entire dirty area with the mixture leave it to dry. After that wash with water.
You can clean old coins using vinegar too. Leave them in a bowl of vinegar overnight or for several hours – the dirt will literally be dissolved.
The good reputation of green cleaning is spreading more and more as time goes by. People are becoming more and more aware of the dangers of using dangerous chemicals in everyday domestic and office environments, so they do their best to make cleaning as safe as possible.
But why is green cleaning so important? Why is it we can’t use the more traditional, time-tested cleaning products? Well one of the most important elements of that is the fact that much harm can be done by using harsh chemicals in everyday cleaning. This will lead to allergies in the most harmless of the possible cases and much worse if you’re not careful. In all cases people should be completely aware of the negative effects of cleaning chemicals before they make their choices. Green cleaning products help not only protect you, but the environment as well.
It is more than clear today that cleaning products have a great impact on anyone living inside a given building. There are many side effects that may occur, such as respiratory issues, asthma, skin and eye irritation and more. This is definitely something we would love to avoid if possible, as it will directly impact our lives. Luckily, we can do just that by switching out the more traditional cleaners for green, eco-friendly ones, thus increasing our air freshness and diminishing the possible side-effects.
One other important detail of green cleaning is the fact that it has less of an impact health-wise on the cleaning personnel as they work with chemicals over long periods of time. The exposure to harsh chemicals on a daily basis for years ahead can cause some serious diseases, such as cancer or even reproductive or neurological conditions.
As long as the executives of corporate facilities and homeowners and renters realize that household chemicals may cause harm, they will find a way to work in a safer way. This will make their lives better overall and their homes and offices both safer and cleaner.
The first thing you have to do to minimize possible risks is to understand the ways toxins may enter a human body. There are several paths through which exposure happens and that is ingestion, dermal exposure and inhalation. While there are plenty of contaminants in drinking water and food, the real problems happen when cleaning product residue ends up in our meals as well as poor hygiene. This mostly covers the ingestion exposure to toxins.
Another common route of toxic exposure is the danger of inhalation. This can become especially dangerous when certain chemicals are combined unwittingly, such as bleach and ammonia. These combinations have harsh, hazardous vapors capable of poisoning and suffocating those exposed to their effects. There are also bases and acids in many of the cleaners which are also irritating to the skin as well as capable of producing fumes.
The last type of exposure comes through skin contact. A good example is the butyl cleaner, also known scientifically as 2-butoxyethanol, which is easily absorbed through skin contact, becoming a debilitating and dangerous poison to your reproductive system and your organs.
Money is always a big issue. Dupont’s current fine of 16.5 million dollars by the EPA was just nothing if we compare it to the billions of profits that they made while they were lying about the truth. The government backs off from large corporations such as manufacturers of freon. It clearly shows in the EPA regulations that Freon cannot leak into our earth’s atmosphere. This means that once and HVAC system leaks, it should be shut down and repaired. But still, millions of metric tons of Freon are sold each year and are placed into leaking systems.
Research proved that companies come out, make assessment of the system and then re-charges it at least a couple of times before finally tearing it down for them to get the real problem. Freon manufactures makes a lot of money all the time and EPA somehow blinded themselves to what statistics show. A top ranking official from the Consumer Product Safety Commission say that any type of product has an acceptable risk that is associated with them that can also include death.
We begin to wonder now what they are protecting us from. This certain government agency that is responsible in protecting the consumers is corrupt and out of control, it clearly shows that it protects big businesses in this industry. The corporate officials from Aspen Oil Company, Lennox and Smit’s, a heating and air conditioning company lied about the discovery and trial of the lawsuit filed against them, and got away from the judge even though this issue has been pointed out to the jury.
Their corporate attorneys are brutal in their defense and the war chest of industries for litigation is really big. The legal system also care less regarding the truth and if it’s not presented at the right time by a certified and expert for the subject matter that can change with every case, luck could definitely run out.
It is time for people to be aware of what these industries can do for the citizens and be cautious about the things that make everyone’s life overly convenient. These companies know how to control the people’s minds to become very dependent on them, and to continue on being rich. Becoming self-sufficient is one answer and if people can this, it will be the perfect circumstance for everyone to be free from greed, lies and corruption. It’s time take back the country even if it may seem impossible.
In the world today, it is very important that we should live healthy and live green. Using organic and natural products at home is very helpful in preventing certain lifestyle diseases. Because of the increasing environmental awareness of people worldwide, living healthy is not only about eating healthy but also using products that are not harmful to the people and the environment. One example of products available nowadays is cleaning products.
There are a lot of cleaning products sold in the market in different brands. Although they are really effective in cleaning our homes, not all are actually friendly to our health. This is primarily because some of these products use strong, harmful chemicals that may affect our wellness in the long run. This is the reason why companies that support green living have created products that are all-natural and organic. Like those sold in the groceries, it is also gives promising results in cleaning surfaces at home.
How to Find Organic Cleaning Products
- There is a list of safe, all-natural, and organic cleaning products in your area. You may inquire this from the health food store in your area. There are actually a lot of health food stores who sell organic cleaning products.
- Farmers’ market is actually a good avenue to find organic alternative for cleaning products. This is actually held annually, depending on your area. They will actually feature small scale vendors that sell these types of products that are actually within your budget.
- Most stores nowadays actually have “green products” section within the store. You will be able to find various cleaning products that will suit your cleaning needs.
- Some towns or cities usually hold local fair-trade events; some even have local fair-trade stores. Utilize these events and stores; they usually have products that are friendly to the environment and to your health.
- Companies usually utilize promotional ads in television, newspaper, radio stations, or magazines. Listen or look at some of these ads for you to know which products to buy. More often than not, products with ads are usually made available in a number of stores in your area.
- You may surf the internet for the best organic cleaning products available in the market today; there are actually some websites that sell these products. However, it is also very important that you browse through websites that are official, credible, and secure. You can also read reviews about these products over the web for you to gain more knowledge about the product.
Most of us usually opt to avail housekeeping services from various cleaning companies simply because we do not have enough time to do the cleaning ourselves. When choosing a cleaning company, it is very important that we choose those that are credible, trusted, and inexpensive. Aside from that, we should make sure that they make use of products that are safe to our health; that is, it is all-natural and organic.
Most cleaning companies nowadays usually use those cleaning products that we usually see in stores without taking into account what chemicals are used in the products. To ensure your health’s safety, read through the steps in finding good cleaning companies below.
How to Find Cleaning Companies that Use Green Cleaning Products
- Look for companies in your area that really values environmental cleanliness; those that support the green movement. These companies will surely make use of organic cleaning products that are safe to one’s health and environment.
- You may ask people you know about these types of cleaning companies. Those that experience them firsthand are the best people to ask opinions from. They will be able to give you unbiased remarks about a particular company. They will also be able to point you out to inexpensive, quality, and environment-friendly companies.
- Check local eco carpet cleaning San Diego companies for advice
- Listen, watch, and read ads on radio, television, and newspapers or magazines. More often than not, companies will advertise their services. You can also search the web for all-natural cleaning companies in your area.
- You may also visit the offices of cleaning companies in your area and inquire about their services and rates. You can inquire about what products they will use in cleaning. More often than not, they will give you an option of the products you want them to use; regular products or natural products. You can also make them use your own products to ensure that they are really using green products.
Houses normally have standard heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems or HVAC. However, not everyone gained positive experience with it. One problem that consumers are not usually aware of is the leaking of Freon, an organic solvent or refrigerant that consist one or more groups of chlorofluorocarbons and other related compounds. Anyone who is not familiar with this compound cannot confirm if he or she is currently heaving a leak in the system until changes in their health are already observed.
After being unconsciously exposed to this toxic substance, an individual may feel strange symptoms in their health. This includes uncoordination, fatigue, aches and pains, confusion, gastro-intestinal problems, numbness of extremities, heart rate is increased and palpitation occurs, and many others. Detoxification of one’s body is one way to get rid of the toxins that were accumulated over time.
Freon is decomposed by heat and it produces hydrofluoric, hydrochloric acids and phosgene gas. These elements are not good to anyone’s health and are considered to be highly toxic when inhaled by humans. If you suspect any changes in the odour of your home, you should check or have a licensed technician look at your HVAC system for any leaks.
If it will be discovered early, you can save thousands of dollars to have your house tested, payment for legal fees and restoration. It also will depend on the toxicity level, and some houses are not liveable anymore because of this. You could end up losing everything that you have in the house since you cannot take them with you, especially if these things are exposed to such chemicals.
There are people who already experienced this and are reaching out to the consumers to be aware of this HVAC system leakage. It can damage your health as well as your whole life. You don’t want to waste your time, effort, and money for lawsuits, etc. It is important to be educated of the different health hazards that one may get inside their own home.
One of the most important places that need to be squeaky clean is our home. This is primarily because it is where our family spends most of their time in. It needs to be cleaned regularly to prevent health problems related to uncleanliness.
How to Eradicate Toxins at Home
- Have a carbon monoxide detector installed in your home. Carbon monoxide is actually deadly to humans. It is odorless and colorless thereby making it necessary for you to install a detector.
- Clean your air conditioner’s filter from time to time. Filters are actually a good media for mold growth which can go airborne; thus, causing health problems.
- Limit the use of products with volatile organic compounds (VOC) in your home. VOC can actually cause health problems including respiratory problems and nervous system damage. These compounds can be found in new furniture and paint. This is primarily the reason why you need to choose paints and products that are VOC-free.
- It is highly recommended that you use organic cleaning products and detergents. You can look for these products in stores or online.
- Don’t use pesticides to spray in your home. It can actually be poisonous.
- Grow plants at home. It helps in purifying the air that you breathe in at home. It also gives a fresh, natural scent.
- Promote good ventilation in your home by opening the windows and letting fresh air come in and out.
- Your water system can also contain toxins and other bacteria. It is advisable that you use filter or pitcher filter to get rid of impurities in the water.
- Buy and eat organic foods to promote wellness. It is important to note that fruits and vegetables that are sprayed with pesticides are harmful to the health. Even if you wash them with water, it will only kill and eliminate toxins on the surface. Pesticides usually penetrate the skins of fruits and vegetables.
Mold can grow anywhere as long as there’s moisture. It can grow at your home, in school, or at work. Mold growth is not something that we actually should ignore primarily because it can pose great harm to our health.
More often than not, mold growth is caused by leaky pipes and other types of water damage. This is the exact reason why regular checkups on your walls, ceilings, and furniture should be done. In small growths, molds are not harmful. However, as it thrives to grow on the surface, it becomes increasingly harmful because its spores are actually airborne. These spores when inhaled or ingested to the system, can cause serious health problems that may lead to death.
The most toxic molds are actually those that produce mycotoxins. These mycotoxins are generally known to cause adverse and hypersensitivity reactions in animals, as well as humans. This is why if you see growth mold, you must take measures to remove them whether it produces mycotoxins or not and no matter how small the growth is.
Clinical Manifestations of Mold Exposure
Although not everyone in the building or at home will actually react to these molds, someone will probably will. It is also very important to note that the manifestations of mold exposure may vary from one person to another. Here are some of the common manifestations you may observe with those that react to the exposure:
- Eyes, nose, and throat irritation.
- Skin allergies or dermatitis
- Respiratory problems such as asthma and pneumonia
- Fever and flu symptoms
- Gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- Fatigue and dizziness
These symptoms when left untreated may cause complicate the problems. It is also very important that you mention any mold growth to your doctor so that the course of treatment will gradually achieve its desired outcome.
How to Eradicate Mold Growth
- First and foremost, you need to wear protective gears when cleaning up the mold to prevent ingesting or inhaling their spores. Wear a mask (preferably an N-95 mask) to prevent spore inhalation, gloves to prevent skin contact, and goggles to protect the eyes.
- Make sure that you will totally clean up the wet area and dry them within 24-48 hours. This is very applicable to those with water damage, leaks, or those who experienced flooding.
- Remove the molds off the surfaces by using a scrub. Use detergents with natural tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar for removal.
- Wash the entire surface with clean water after scrubbing.
Throw away any item that has been infested with mold growth.
Do not paint the moldy surfaces as it will not really remove the cause of the growth.
If mold growth is severe, contact a professional that can remove the molds.